|Age Group||45-49|| |
|Distance Training for||Half IM |
|First Race or Competition||Gold Coast Half IM, Oct 3, 2010|
|Sporting History||athletics/sprinter, gym/weights|
|Coached since||Sept 2009|
|Personal Strengths||strong will, positive, competitive|
|Current Occupation||public affairs www.gilliessmith.com |
|Favourite Sports Equipment||good shoes|
|Has also been known as||"mig" (short for miguel), "G Spot"|
|Favourite Food||hard choc-coated snow balls|
|Best Times||Tan TT (one lap): 15 mins, 45 secs.|
Tan TT (two laps): 34 mins.
|Notable Achievements and Memorable results||staying in good shape these past 10 years to age 44|
|Other Interests||- opera singer, tenor|
- solar-powered weekender in the bush near Castlemaine (space, privacy, nature)
- political philosophy, original thoughts and ideas
- history (reading Geoffrey Blainey books, learning more about John Ruskin at the mome, art critic and "social theorist" of the 1850s)
- learning the Argentine Tango .....great fun!
|Training History - e.g. mileage, training level, other sports, any relevant information||gym/weights, tennis, squash ...... dancing|
|Sporting Goals||1. enjoy it|
2. consistency, steady wins the race
3. remain injury free
4. get to a level where I can do a few half IMs a year, including one overseas.
|Intro - For Blog||i can |